ABOUT BUZZI BEES PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL, NURSERY SCHOOL AND AFTERCARE
Buzzi Bees Pre-Primary School, Nursery School and Aftercare is run as an educational business where the needs of the children come first.
Established by the principal, Ingrid Boting, Buzzi Bees first opened its doors to children in June 2001 with two classes. A registered independent school with the Western Cape Education Department (WCED), our Grade R class has official status. Our dedicated Nursery School will be opening in 2020 on an adjacent property to Buzzi Bees Pre-Primary School.
Our vision remains to be a centre of educational pride. By upholding our values – honesty, fairness, equal opportunities, respect and transparency – and providing the necessary resources and opportunities for children through caring staff and involved parents, we can fulfil our vision.
Today, Buzzi Bees is known in Monte Vista and the wider northern suburbs of Cape Town as an excellent and caring educational facility where children have fun while they are prepared for the next stages of life.
Our aim is to produce learners who can:
- Identify and solve problems, and make decisions using critical and creative thinking
- Work effectively as individuals and as a member of a team
- Organise and manage themselves and their activities responsibly and effectively
- Collect, analyse, organise and critically evaluate information
- Communicate effectively.
AREAS OF EDUCATION
Our indoor and outdoor activities are stimulating, educational and fun, and assist in developing our learners’ gross motor skills and fine motor skills.
Indoor activities include:
- Our theme table – changed every two weeks
- Educational games
- Reading corner and Letter Land
- Play dough
- Cut and paste
- Building blocks, Lego, Duplo
- Dolls corner
- Music and movement
- Fantasy House: each class gets a certain day of the week to play here. The “grass” area is an extension of the house
- Jungle gym: ideal for gross motor skills and balance
- Tree House – Climbing Frame: reading; discover something up on the platform
- Obstacle course: for hand-eye and eye-foot coordination, spatial orientation and concepts of over, under, through and around
- Science and Maths:
- water play: floating and sinking, measuring, squirting, changing shape of water, adding things to water, taking things from water,
- investigative play: insects, mud / maizena – sieving – different textures
- green carpet: blocks, animals, cars and dolls
- Sandpit: life skills, playing together and sharing, 3D
- Creative Room: 4 stations for drawing, stencils, play dough, pastels and painting
- Senso Garden: quiet, music, reading and watching birds and insects
PRE-PRIMARY AFTERCARE AND HOLIDAY CARE
We present an exciting full-day Holiday Care programme during the autumn, winter and spring school holidays (we are closed during the December school holidays). Children enjoy additional events such as movie days, baking and dressing up.
Our staff members are qualified, dedicated and caring, and have many years of childcare and teaching experience. All our teachers are trained in First Aid and registered with the Department of Education. Most of our staff members have been with us for many years, which adds an element of stability and continuity.
Each teacher is helped by an assistant. This ensures that children enjoy individual attention.
Our fees are payable monthly in advance from January to November. Please enquire at our office for our fees.